Gatherer: A Perfect Partnership

 

I often wished I could capture and share the sudden moments of beauty that I would see around me." - Caroline Mueller


    It's been put many ways but we don't help our spouses as a nice-to-do, occasional thing. A marriage, or relationship, is best built as a complete partnership where both people, or birds in this case, work together selflessly for the good of the relationship or family. Nobody is doing a favor as both parties act without ego to help further the goals of the unit. As I wrote in my post on May 13, 2023...

    Welcome back to Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge where the graceful great white egrets roost and rule. Both male and female egrets help with nest building. This elegant bird posed perfectly for me with a small stick in their beak as they prepared to fly back towards the rookery. I watched the whole congregation for a long time work on their nests together and care for their hatchlings. What a magnificent display and a prime example of why our wildlife refuges are so important to these migratory species. I hope you get to witness it too if you get a chance to visit. Peace be with you, my friends.

Clicking on the image will open it in full screen

Gatherer’ a beautiful great white egret near the edge of the pond bringing sticks back to pad the nest during breeding season in Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge near Hilton Head in coastal South Carolina.

www.johnjgiardinaphotography.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interconnection: The Way Things Fit Together

Cow Branch Bend: Part 2 of 3 at Carolina Sandhills NWR