Muffled Horizon: Ode to the Bay

 

Photo:Engage   a photography blog you want to follow



Photography has nothing to do with cameras.” - Lucas Gentry


    I remain, as always, in awe of the beauty and vigor and peacefulness of our inland bays. As I wrote in my post on April 24, 2021...

    Sometimes, speaking as a photographer, thick cloud cover at the evening western horizon can mean there will be a lack of light in the scene resulting in a muted photograph. Waiting on the shore for this image to come together, I feared it might not work out, as it so often doesn't. Photography is a craft of vision, opportunity, patience, perseverance while being tired and uncomfortable, and a wee pinch of luck.

    In 'Muffled Horizon,' I found some good fortune because those clouds instead really turned up the volume on the color and texture in the high sky and left a beautiful band of blue across the scene which is mirrored in the gently rippled water of Rehoboth Bay. Enjoy the view as I share some words I love from the second stanza of In the Bay by poet Algernon Charles Swinburne. Peace be with you, my friends!


"Above the soft sweep of the breathless bay 
Southwestward, far past flight of night and day, 
Lower than the sunken sunset sinks, and higher 
Than dawn can freak the front of heaven with fire, 
My thought with eyes and wings made wide makes way 
To find the place of souls that I desire."


Clicking on the image will open it in full screen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interconnection: The Way Things Fit Together

Gatherer: A Perfect Partnership

Cow Branch Bend: Part 2 of 3 at Carolina Sandhills NWR