Preemergence: The Just Before

 

Photo:Engage   a photography blog you want to follow



Photography means painting with light. And that's what you do. You paint a picture only by adding light to the things you see.” - Katja Michael


    I have found throughout my life that the excited anticipation of some future event is often as pleasurable as the event itself. Knowing about a planned trip to Disney World, for example, is just as joyful as being there. Years ago, when I still enjoyed professional American football, the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl with the constant television hype, analysis, and player interviews were often more fun than the game itself which was usually a blowout. As I've grown older, I've found myself much more in tune with the changes that happen with the passing of the seasons. I especially love Spring with its inherent sense of rebirth, especially at the ocean shore. As I wrote in my post on May 1, 2021...

    If you’re like me, you appreciate that point in time just before something happens. You may know that expectant moment at the top of the endless climb before a roller coaster starts its thrilling descent, the not-quite-a-pause that occurs at the precipice of anticipation. And even though springtime is rapidly going full bloom now, there’s still that joyful amazement as we witness the ‘Preemergence’ of our lovely, dune-protecting green-to-be sea grasses. I love seeing them in the moments before.

Clicking on the image will open it in full screen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interconnection: The Way Things Fit Together

Gatherer: A Perfect Partnership

Cow Branch Bend: Part 2 of 3 at Carolina Sandhills NWR